    English or Russian (charset Windows-1251)???

    Thanks!
    Greetings, Steven

    Steven, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Steven

    Evertjan. Guest

    Steven wrote on 21 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > IIS can't handle Unicode ASP pages (correct, right?!).

    ASP is a platform for serverside programming,
    and has nothing to do with the rendering of the HTML part of the page as
    such.

    IIS, which has its own NGs
    [microsoft.public.inetserver.iis, please follo up over there],
    could be so naive, that it can't handle Unicode,
    but I don't think you are correct.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 21, 2004

  3. Steven

    Steven Guest

    Evertjan,

    Posted reply in MS.Public.Inetserver.IIS...

    Greetings, Steven

    Steven, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Steven

    Hans Guest

    Hi!

    A link about saving ASP files in unicode format.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q245000

    I run a Unicode (UTF-8) ASP site and I don't have any text directly in the
    ASP pages (pages are built up in COM+ components where texts are fetched
    from a database set up to handle unicode). In the top of every page I set
    the codepage directive (65001=UTF-8)

    <%@ Language=VBScript CodePage=65001%>

    I also add a http header on my pages (set from IIS admin tool). The quotes
    ("") should not be added.
    Custom HeaderName: "Content-Type"
    Custom Header Value: "text/html; Charset=utf-8"

    Regards
    /Hans

    Hans, Jun 21, 2004
  5. "IIS can't handle Unicode ASP pages..." wrong. It's just slow..................

    --
    George Hester
    __________________________________

    George Hester, Jun 22, 2004
  6. "Steven" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I would like to create a site which shows text in English or in Russian
    > (depending on the user's choice).
    > Problem is that I can't save the pages in Unicode (Unicode can contain
    > Russian characters), because IIS can't handle Unicode ASP pages (correct,
    > right?!).
    >
    > So how can I have normal (ASCII) ASP pages, which can show either text in
    > English or Russian (charset Windows-1251)???
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Greetings, Steven

    You may want to read this page regarding ASP and encodings:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0700/localize/

    --
    Regards,
    Paul Gorodyansky