Seattle.rb meeting tonight (4/31) at 7PM PST

pat eyler

I'm posting this here just in case anyone's in the greater Seattle
area (close enough to drive/bus/boat in for a meeting).

The Seattle Ruby Brigade will be meeting tonight (4/31) at 7PM in the
Omni development offices (see www.zenspider.com/Seattle.rb for more
info and directions). There will be presentations about Ruby2C and
r43 (a library implementing the 43 Things web services API). We'll
also be doing a hands-on advanced Rails demo (we'll be
building/extending a cemetary directory application.

If you're around, we'd love to see you there.

Phil Tomson

We'll
also be doing a hands-on advanced Rails demo (we'll be
building/extending a cemetary directory application.
Sounds like this project was DOA ;-)

Phil

pat eyler

Sounds like this project was DOA ;-)

EWWWWW

Actually, I hope that this will be somewhat useful. the GenWeb
project has been doing cemetary surveys for a while, but they don't
have a good way of storing/searching the information. (They just dump
their data into text files that are stored willy-nilly all over the
'Net.) This app will store the transcription of the headstone, an
optional picture, and some metadata; allow searching within or among
cemetaries by name, date, geography, etc.; and provide a convenient
data entry interface. (We'll see how much gets done during the
meeting.)

Ryan Davis

I'm posting this here just in case anyone's in the greater Seattle
area (close enough to drive/bus/boat in for a meeting).

The Seattle Ruby Brigade will be meeting tonight (4/31) at 7PM in the
Omni development offices (see www.zenspider.com/Seattle.rb for more
info and directions). There will be presentations about Ruby2C and

Not so much about Ruby2C as about our metaruby progress.
r43 (a library implementing the 43 Things web services API). We'll
also be doing a hands-on advanced Rails demo (we'll be
building/extending a cemetary directory application.

Also, there is a very good chance that we'll get Chad Fowler at the
meeting, so we really should discuss our ruby hackfest grant for
rubygems with him and get things solidified. He has even hinted that he
might "find himself in seattle" when our hackfest goes down. That would
rule.

Lloyd Zusman

Seattle.rb meeting tonight (4/31) at 7PM PST

What calendar system do you folks use in Seattle?

(Sorry ... I couldn't resist)