    through lengthy introduction about variable types, control structures,
    etc, which I have been exposed many times in learning other languages.)

    Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.
    Xiaoshen Li, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Xiaoshen Li

    pete Guest

    Xiaoshen Li wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am relatively new to C
    > (But I have computer science background and know
    > some other programming languages). I am wondering if anyboby can
    > recommend me some C books or websites.
    > I prefer the books with code that
    > can be downloaded from websites. (I like to read those codes and play
    > with it. I found it is a fast way to pick up a language, without going
    > through lengthy introduction about variable types, control structures,
    > etc, which I have been exposed many times in learning other
    > languages.)
    >
    > Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

    K&R2

    "This book is meant to help the reader learn how to program in C.
    It contains a tutorial introduction to get new users started
    as soon as possible."

    "It is not an introductory programming manual;
    it assumes some familiarity with basic programming concepts
    like variables asignmemt statements, loops and functions."

    And you'll need this too:
    http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/2ediffs.html

    --
    pete