Server Application Unavailable

Adam Phillips

Geetings all,
I'm getting the following message in Internet Explorer
when trying to run an ASP.NET app or QuickStart sample:
------
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this
web server is currently unavailable. ... etc. ... etc. ...
------

This happens after a brand new installation of Visual
Studio .NET (2002) Enterprise Architect on my "test
server".

The installation sequence I followed was:
1. Reformat the Hard Disk
2. Install Windows XP Professional
3. Install IIS 5.1 (from WinXP CD)
4. Install WinXP SP1
5. Install utilities (virus protection, WinZip, etc.)
6. Set up Internet and LAN connections
7. Install all Security Updates for WinXP from
windowsupdate.microsoft.com site
8. Install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
9. Install SQL Server 2000 SP3a
10. Install Visual Studio .NET (2002) Enterprise Architect
11. Install .NET Framework 1.0 SP2
12. Install MSDE 2000 manually from SQL Server 2000 SP3a,
using the NetSDK named instance
13. Manually installed the .NET Framework SDK QuickStart
samples according to the "SDK Samples Configuration
Details" document

From what I can see everything installed OK - so it must
be a setting somewhere that I'm missing ... or something.

Any help will be appreciated.

Adam P.