Server Application Unavailable

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Adam Phillips, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Geetings all,
    I'm getting the following message in Internet Explorer
    when trying to run an ASP.NET app or QuickStart sample:
    ------
    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this
    web server is currently unavailable. ... etc. ... etc. ...
    ------

    This happens after a brand new installation of Visual
    Studio .NET (2002) Enterprise Architect on my "test
    server".

    The installation sequence I followed was:
    1. Reformat the Hard Disk
    2. Install Windows XP Professional
    3. Install IIS 5.1 (from WinXP CD)
    4. Install WinXP SP1
    5. Install utilities (virus protection, WinZip, etc.)
    6. Set up Internet and LAN connections
    7. Install all Security Updates for WinXP from
    windowsupdate.microsoft.com site
    8. Install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
    9. Install SQL Server 2000 SP3a
    10. Install Visual Studio .NET (2002) Enterprise Architect
    11. Install .NET Framework 1.0 SP2
    12. Install MSDE 2000 manually from SQL Server 2000 SP3a,
    using the NetSDK named instance
    13. Manually installed the .NET Framework SDK QuickStart
    samples according to the "SDK Samples Configuration
    Details" document

    From what I can see everything installed OK - so it must
    be a setting somewhere that I'm missing ... or something.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Adam P.
    Adam Phillips, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Thanks, this seems to have sorted the problem out!

    Adam P.
    Adam Phillips, Sep 16, 2003