Shortcut icon from desktop - to web

kim

Hi there

is it possible to make a link on a webpage - that users can click on
And then get/download a direct shortcut to a this website ??

Like:
'website');">Add to Desktop</a>

Ex.Take a look here
http://www.econlit.org/icon.php
On the bottom of the page, you can get a "link file"
how is that done ??

I want my users to accept the "shortcut"

Hope you can help

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------
On the bottom of the page, you can get a "link file"
how is that done ??

I want my users to accept the "shortcut"

Hope you can help

Okay i can see - that IE 7 dosen´t support AddDesktopComponent
Look here : ttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx

But is there another way around this ??

Hope you can help :)

C yaaa | Best Regards
Kimo

kim

Okay i can see - that IE 7 dosen´t support AddDesktopComponent
Look here : ttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx

But is there another way around this ??

Hope you can help :)

C yaaa | Best Regards
Kimo- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Okay .. here is somthing.
http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-78281.html

But how do i get it to work .. ( Newbie here :)
What should the source code look like ??

How do i insert it into my .html code ??

Really hope you can help

C yaaa | Kimo