showing control in frameset

dana lees

Hello,

I have a frameset that contains 2 frames - a header and a body frame. The
header contains some gifs and controls. Among them, there is a user control
which i want to be displayed on top of the lower frame as well.
Now it is cutt off where the header frame ends and i would like it to appear
on top of both frames.

How can i do that?

Thank you,
Dana

addup

I'm not sure if this is possible with a regular frameset.
You could make it work with an IFRAME

Hope this helps
-- addup --

Joe King

Dana,

The only thing I am aware of that can cross a Frameset boundary (other than
windowed controls, such as the SELECT box) is a popup window created using
window.createPopup(). There is no standard that applies, it is IE only.

There is also a product that we develop that mimics the use of a Frameset,
but without using any HTML Frames. Using only one page, it creates a matrix
of Panels and Splitter objects, and it doesn't have the same boundary DHTML
problems that you experience when using a Frameset. It is called PanelSet:

http://www.coalesys.com/products/mercuryuiaspnet/features/panelset.asp

Live demos:

http://www.coalesys.com/products/mercuryuiaspnet/samples/panelset/default.asp