SiteMapProvider in ASP1.1?

Max Metral

Is there a site map provider that will read 2.0 Sitemap XML in asp 1.1?
Hate to reinvent the soon-to-be-invented wheel.

--Max

Max Metral

I wanted to be able to author the XML sitemap so that it would be the same
in 1.1 and 2.0, and also to be able to "hook it up" to a repeater with
similar semantics.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Max,

Since sitemap naviation is the new feature added in the asp.net 2.0 ,
currently there hasn't an existing buildin control or provider in 1.1. And
there're some 3rd party site navigation controls but each of them may have
their own format of xml data source. Also, are you already using a certain
site navigation control in your web application in 1.1 ? If you want this
one also use the datasource that compatible to the 2.0's sitemapdatsource
format, we may need to manually create a adapter to transform between the
different format of source.

Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng