snmp?

Jeff

We need to add basic remote monitoring of our application. Typically,
monitoring is done with SNMP, which we are familiar with. Is there a
recommended way to generate SNMP traps in Java? I did some research and JDMK
appears more involved than we want. We don't want a management framework,
we just want to generate traps.

Thanks

Sudsy

Jeff said:
We need to add basic remote monitoring of our application. Typically,
monitoring is done with SNMP, which we are familiar with. Is there a
recommended way to generate SNMP traps in Java? I did some research and JDMK
appears more involved than we want. We don't want a management framework,
we just want to generate traps.

Thanks

If you're running Linux then you could just Runtime.exec the snmptrap
command. If not, then check this out:
<http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/snmp/snmp.html>
ps. I'm not associated with the project; my favorite search engine
offered up the site

Shripathi Kamath

--
Jeffrey Drew
President and Founder

You may want to consider using Cyberons for Java from Netaphor, the company
I work for. It is v1/v2c/v3 manager toolkit, used to develop management
applications.

It may still be overkill, but it will do what you are looking for.