SOAP fails on Win03 after move from Win2000/XP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Tom, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi,

    We have a web service (developed in C# framework 1) that run for some time
    on Windows 2000. Recently we upgraded it to framework 2 and it runs
    successfully
    on Windows 2000 and XP.
    However, we need to run it on new Windows 2003 box and the web service just
    fails to run. The service just dies at login.

    ERROR(8/2/2006 5:55 PM):
    FUNCTION: ProcessFile: Loop for processing lines
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
    request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
    instance of an object. at CustomerUpdateService..ctor() --- End of inner
    exception stack trace ---
    STACK TRACE: at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
    message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at
    methodName, Object[] parameters) at
    WService.CustomerUpdateService.SetAllCustomerStatus(Char status, String
    accessPassword) at COMP.BLAH.BLAHCustomerExtract.ProcessFile(String fileName)
    SOURCE: System.Web.Services

    Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Tom
    Tom, Aug 4, 2006