Socket Errors Testing ACT

Guest

I´m having this problem: I'm stress testing a ASP.NET web application using
ACT and comparing results with a previous version of the website (developed
in ColdFusion 4.5). When using 300 simultaneous users (about 25-30 rps),
everything works fine, although Cold Fusion seems to be a little faster than
ASP.NET.

When using 2000 simultaneous users (about 50-60 rps), Cold Fusion works
really fine but the application in ASP.NET starts to have socket errors. (See
the test results below). In this cenario TTFB min is ok, the average becomes
a little high and TTFB max is really high (85 sec), what does not happen with
Cold Fusion.

Anyone can say what could be the cause of this problem? Is it possible to be
a configuration issue of the framework? A Network problem?

ACT is running on a single WINXP SP2 station and the website is at a WIN2000
with IIS5 and .NET Framework 1.1

Additional Network Statistics

Number of socket connections: 13.635
Number of socket errors: 1.070

Number of bytes sent (bytes): 5.459.234
Number of bytes received (bytes): 21.193.590

Average rate of sent bytes (bytes/sec): 30.329,08
Average rate of received bytes (bytes/sec): 117.742,17

Number of connection errors: 828
Number of send errors: 121
Number of receive errors: 121
Number of timeout errors: 0

Response Codes
Response Code: 200 - The request completed successfully.
Count: 13.514
Percent (%): 100,00