Sound with button click

KiwiBrian

On a childrens novelty page I would like to have a distinctive short sound
when certain hyperlinks are hovered over or selected.
Am I right in assuming that the most reliable and nonintrusive method of
achieving this, allowing for various client configurations, is to use flash?
I would like to think that I can just use an embed or similar, but local
testing launches dialogue boxes or players instead.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
I have 1 Cool Button Tool and it would be wonderful if someone can show me
how it can be used, but anything would be helpful.
TIA
Brian Tozer

KiwiBrian

KiwiBrian said:
On a childrens novelty page I would like to have a distinctive short sound
when certain hyperlinks are hovered over or selected.
Am I right in assuming that the most reliable and nonintrusive method of
achieving this, allowing for various client configurations, is to use
flash?
I would like to think that I can just use an embed or similar, but local
testing launches dialogue boxes or players instead.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
I have 1 Cool Button Tool and it would be wonderful if someone can show me
how it can be used, but anything would be helpful.

I have now got an example going using 1 CBT but am interested in other ways
of doing it or pointers to pages demonstrating other examples of
implementing Flash for this purpose.

Brian Tozer

brucie

In alt.html KiwiBrian said:
On a childrens novelty page I would like to have a distinctive short sound
when certain hyperlinks are hovered over or selected.

i'd go flash with on/off sound controls so the parents don't go insane
and normal links as backup.