Specify schema for web service result in service description

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by billmiami2@netscape.net, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm creating an ASP.NET web service with a number of web methods. The
    consumers of these web services are developers using Macromedia Flash
    which comes with its own interface for web services. In order that
    these developers can take full advantage of the web services, it
    appears that I need to return output data types in my service
    description (i.e., before the method is called and the dataset
    returned), not just input data types. Note that each method returns a
    dataset created from a SQL Server stored procedure.

    For example, when I browse the description for one particular method, I
    get the following:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Body>
    <Organization_MenuResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org">
    <Organization_MenuResult>
    <xsd:schema>schema</xsd:schema>xml</Organization_MenuResult>
    </Organization_MenuResponse>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    Instead of providing an output schema, it simply says "schema". How do
    I specify an output schema for each method call? I can create xsd
    files for each method but how do I make the web service incorporate
    them into the SOAP body?

    Bill E.
    Hollywood, FL

    , Jan 11, 2006