    should use Spring and Struts together.

    please advise. thanks!!

    , Sep 10, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I want to make sure I understand the differences between Spring
    > application framework and Struts web application framework. They are
    > used together with different objectives.
    >
    > Spring is the framework for Model; whereas Struts is the framework for
    > View/Controller. Is that correct? In a typical J2EE web application, we
    > should use Spring and Struts together.

    My understanding is that Struts is a MVC framework for web development.

    Spring is an IOC (inversion of control) framework that includes an MVC
    framework for web development. However, it is possible to use Struts as
    the MVC web framework with Spring.

    As far as the model portion goes, a popular choice is hibernate.

    HTH,
    Ray

    --
    XML is the programmer's duct tape.

    Raymond DeCampo, Sep 10, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Spring is the framework for Model; whereas Struts is the framework for
    > View/Controller. Is that correct? In a typical J2EE web application, we
    > should use Spring and Struts together.

    Spring also has a fully functioning web framework to deal with View and
    Controller as well. Spring can be used without Struts at all to create
    fully functional web applications. That's what we use at my work.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

    Darryl L. Pierce, Sep 11, 2005