spring framework versus struts framework

jrefactors

I want to make sure I understand the differences between Spring
application framework and Struts web application framework. They are
used together with different objectives.

Spring is the framework for Model; whereas Struts is the framework for
View/Controller. Is that correct? In a typical J2EE web application, we
should use Spring and Struts together.

please advise. thanks!!

Raymond DeCampo

I want to make sure I understand the differences between Spring
application framework and Struts web application framework. They are
used together with different objectives.

Spring is the framework for Model; whereas Struts is the framework for
View/Controller. Is that correct? In a typical J2EE web application, we
should use Spring and Struts together.

My understanding is that Struts is a MVC framework for web development.

Spring is an IOC (inversion of control) framework that includes an MVC
framework for web development. However, it is possible to use Struts as
the MVC web framework with Spring.

As far as the model portion goes, a popular choice is hibernate.

HTH,
Ray

Darryl L. Pierce

Spring is the framework for Model; whereas Struts is the framework for
View/Controller. Is that correct? In a typical J2EE web application, we
should use Spring and Struts together.

Spring also has a fully functioning web framework to deal with View and
Controller as well. Spring can be used without Struts at all to create
fully functional web applications. That's what we use at my work.