SQL Debugging From Visual Studio

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Just Me, Mar 30, 2008.

  1. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    Bit of an odd one, but heres the deal.

    I had a Windows NT domain controller and a Member Server , my development
    machine was in the same domain , but I lost the domain controller.

    I since installed SQL Server 2005 on the member server and it works OK.
    However, when I try and "Step Into" the stored procedure from Visual Studio,
    it tells me "Unable to start T-SQL Debugging. Could not connect to computer
    'sqlserver; The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
    Please ensure you can contact the server that authenticate you.

    Now, this leaves me with a problem. I cant renstantiate the original domain
    controller, it doesent exist any longer, I cant promote the existing member
    server to a Domain controller, because it cant find the existing domain
    controller and I cant add my domain account on the member server because
    policy prevents adding domain accounts in the local groups.

    So......

    Either someon has a smart idea, I have to trash the server and rebuild it :(

    Any Ideas ?

    Just Me, Mar 30, 2008