Stand alone Tomcat 5.5.4 and JBoss 3.2.6

nicc777

Hi,

Ok... I am a non-programmer, sysadmin (Linux) that was given the task
to deploy a basic JBoss server, assuming that the Java dev okes will
just give we "deployment" files to dump into a specific directory from
time to time. I would then restart JBoss (my custom init script - seems
to be working).

After load testing, it was speculated that we might need to use the
latest version of Tomcat to get around certain bugs/probles (Java
related, and unfortunately I have no clue about these...). I was then
asked to deploy Tomcat 5.5.4 with JBoss, but since JBoss comes with
it's integrated version of Tomcat, I know need to figure a way to split
the two.

HOW ???

First the usual environment stuff: Using Debian GNU/Linux (woody) with
a 2.4 custom kernel running on a 4-way Xeon with 4GB RAM.

I have succesfully packaged the Sun Java SDK 1.4.2 and JBoss 3.2.6
(Debian packages) and Tomcat 5.5.4 as different packages.

Now - how to I get rid of the integrated Tomcat, and how to I tell
JBoss to use my custom one?

I figure I will keep those configs as a seperate Debian package?
Any help/suggestion are very welcome.

Thanks

kjc

nicc777 said:
[...]

In theory, you would just deploy your tomcat5 as just another WAR.
Then, edit config a few JBoss config files.

But, there will probably be more to it. The best thing to do is go to
the JBoss forums. www.jboss.org

Nico

Thanks. After a lot of reading I have now deployed JBoss 4 with Tomcat
5.5.4. JBoss is still using it's own version of Tomcat, so I still have
some wotk left but I am getting there.

Cheers