Standard HTML by open-source WYSIWYG editor?

feta.cheese

Does somebody know an open-source WYSIWYG HTML editor that would
produce _standard_ HTML? It should have Windows support.

saz

Does somebody know an open-source WYSIWYG HTML editor that would
produce _standard_ HTML? It should have Windows support.
What do you mean by "standard_HTML"? Do you mean no extra mark up that
shouldn't be there? If so, there is no WYSIWYG editor (free or paid)
that meets your requirements.

Jonathan N. Little

saz said:
What do you mean by "standard_HTML"? Do you mean no extra mark up that
shouldn't be there? If so, there is no WYSIWYG editor (free or paid)
that meets your requirements.

NVue and a couple of others come closer that DW, FP and their ilk. But
all love to inject inline style. If you want purity, don't use a WYSIWYG
editor, use an enhanced text-editor with macro and syntax-highlighting
to speed development and preview with a browser. I use CrimsonEditor

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=

Does somebody know an open-source WYSIWYG HTML editor that would
produce _standard_ HTML? It should have Windows support.

I recommend KompoZer 0.77 which is an upgraded version of Nvu 1.0 with
about 40 bug fixes.

http://kompozer.net/

And you can find an User Guide at

http://www.nvudev.org/guide/html/

I installed and use HTML HandCoder 0.3.4 (with latest HTML Tidy feb.
2006 downloadable from
http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html
) from within KompoZer 0.77 to clean poorly coded webpages:

http://fabiwan.kenobi.free.fr/HandCoder/

HandCoder and HTML Tidy are very useful, helpful extensions for KompoZer
0.77 and Nvu 1.0

A localized Suomi version is available for Nvu 1.0 only.

http://nvu.com/download.php
http://koti.mbnet.fi/ff-faq/index.html
http://www.mozilla.fi/wiki/Nvu

As mentioned by others, in the long term, you are better off with hand
coded edition instead of WYSIWYG editors.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/doc..._regarding_editing_with_a_WYSIWYG_HTML_editor

Gérard
Addendum: I just noticed the release of HTML Tidy April 2007:
http://www.paehl.com/open_source/?HTML_Tidy_for_Windows