Storing Session State

michdoh

HI All

Looking for some advice on session in ASP.
We are running windows 2000 with dot.net framework 1.1 on IIS 5.1

This is an NLB architecture with the session being stored in an SQL DB.
We have been coding and deploying using ASP.NET with no problems
however the 'powers that be' have recently bought an online booking
application which has been coded using classic asp.

We have set the session location in the machin config of the framework
stating
mode="SQLServer". Will this ASP use this or continue to store the code
InProc?

Thanks

Michael D

Bob Barrows [MVP]

HI All

Looking for some advice on session in ASP.
We are running windows 2000 with dot.net framework 1.1 on IIS 5.1

This is an NLB architecture with the session being stored in an SQL
DB. We have been coding and deploying using ASP.NET with no problems
however the 'powers that be' have recently bought an online booking
application which has been coded using classic asp.

We have set the session location in the machin config of the framework
stating
mode="SQLServer". Will this ASP use this

No. Classic ASP has no knowledge of this. You would have to write your own
code to store session state in a database

or continue to store the
code InProc?
That's the only way that was available when classic ASP was developed.
See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/html/fd6ec94e-2493-4edb-affc-b18391334081.asp

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

HI All

Looking for some advice on session in ASP.
We are running windows 2000 with dot.net framework 1.1 on IIS 5.1

This is an NLB architecture with the session being stored in an SQL DB.
We have been coding and deploying using ASP.NET with no problems
however the 'powers that be' have recently bought an online booking
application which has been coded using classic asp.

The product below has been a proven solution for web farms using classic
asp.