Streaming Word-document

Jonas

Hi !

Perhaps this isn't the right group to send to, but...

I have exported my report (Crystal Report) to a stream formatted as
Word-document. Both the exporting and streaming works just fine but
when the Internet Explorer loads the document it is editable and Words
toolbar isn't visible (unlike Acrobat Reader).

So my question is whether its possible to add some information to the
stream so that IE (e.g. Word) consider the document to be read-only.

And is there anyone who knows if there's some setting in Word which
makes the toolbar visible when loaded in IE ? Now I must start the new
window with 'toolbar'-setting, something that I really would like to
avoid.

TIA

// Jonas

Kevin Spencer

SharePoint Portal Server uses an interesting additonal feature of Word 2003,
which presents the document in a format much like Acrobat Reader, and can be
read only as well. I'm fairly it's an add-in that can be downloaded by any
client browser regardless of whether Word 2003 is installed on the client or
not. You can search the Microsoft site to find out. Check out the SPS SDK.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer