Stuck in a frame

Holiday

Hello,

I have a simple web page with one frame. I
want this frame visable on all local pages, which
does work fine, but when an outside link is clicked
the frame is still there. Is there trick to closing
the frame when a user clicks an outside link?

Thanks,
Holiday

dorayme

Holiday said:
I have a simple web page with one frame. I
want this frame visable on all local pages
Why?

, which
does work fine, but when an outside link is clicked
the frame is still there. Is there trick to closing
the frame when a user clicks an outside link?

Post a url so your code can be seen.

Holiday

Why? - answering a question with another question is irrelevant.
It doesn't matter why.
I just have a small marquee frame scrolling at the bottom of the page,
viewable from all the pages on my site. I just didn't want the
marquee frame show up if a user clicks on a link that takes
said user outside my site.

Post a url so your code can be seen.
The pages have not been published yet.
I'm looking for a good place to host. Maybe GoDaddy.
I found the answer, but thanks for responding anyway.
Adding the TARGET="_top" in your link will break the frame.
ie <ahref="http://www.bla.com" TARGET="_top">

dorayme

Holiday said:
It doesn't matter why.

I was thinking there may be trouble in what you are doing that is
best fixed up and then your question may never arise.

Anyway... you have the solution you want... good luck.

Holiday

I was thinking there may be trouble in what you are doing that is
best fixed up and then your question may never arise.

Anyway... you have the solution you want... good luck.

I apologize if I came on short with you dorayme.
I agree there may be a flaw in my design. I didn't understand
the "why?" part. When I finish what I am doing I would really
like for you, or anyone else to examine the code to see how I am
doing. It's a simple page. I'm coding this manually using UltraEdit,
trying to keep the code tight and simple. It at least color codes the
tags for me. Other than that it's just a glorified notepad with some
hex editing capabilities.

Thanks for you time.

Holiday

dorayme

I was thinking there may be trouble in what you are doing that is
best fixed up and then your question may never arise.

Anyway... you have the solution you want... good luck.

I apologize if I came on short with you dorayme.[/QUOTE]

It's ok. I am used to being vilified and ignored and killfiled
and kicked around. I have many enemies and an exasperated class
who are AGAINST ME. I am the alt.html dog that is kept outside,
occasionally thrown a hunk of stale gristle... there are one or
two who are by nature nice but they have to be a bit careful not
to be seen to often giving me bones...

But I did have one great coup recently, teaming up as a double
act with Korpela, he pushes the barrow and collects the money and
I ... well, I turn this handle here and that fairground type
music comes out of the thing here... I must say, he is cleaning
up, I think it would be fairer if he were to give me a nicer
collar and not yank so hard... but I am happy just to be on the
road and not under some Korean table with my skull pocking out in
the middle of a hole and being eaten alive as a delicacy...

Where are those pills of mine?

Andrew Bailey

Holiday said:
Hello,

I have a simple web page with one frame. I
want this frame visable on all local pages, which
does work fine, but when an outside link is clicked
the frame is still there. Is there trick to closing
the frame when a user clicks an outside link?

Thanks,
Holiday

Not sure if you found the answer but all you need to do is add the "target"
attribute to your links like so...

This will load google into your current browser window, if you want to open
the link in a new browser window use...

Hope this helps

Andy

Martin Clark

Holiday wrote...
When I finish what I am doing I would really
like for you, or anyone else to examine the code to see how I am
doing. It's a simple page.

If it is a simple page, why does it include a frame? There are many
reasons why using frames is a bad idea. I can't think of any good
reasons for using them.

Perhaps when dorayme asked "why?" the question was aimed at your desire
to have a frame?