Successful validation still blocks postback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nospamforjoel@yahoo.com, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have an ASP.NET site that uses validators on a couple pages. On our
    staging servers, the site works properly. When I deploy it to the live
    server, however, the pages that have validators will not postback. The
    validators do appear to be working properly--they show me an error if
    the field is empty, and not if it isn't. I saved the generated HTML
    from the staging server and the live server, and discovered that there
    were a couple differences in the Javascript code related to validation.
    I saved the HTML from the live server, and changed code line-by-line,
    and eventually wound up with a page that would postback. So the issue
    seems to be the generated HTML.

    The staging and live servers are both running Win 2k3, IIS 6, .NET
    Framework v1.1.4322. The live server does have an older version of .NET
    Framework installed. The properties of the site in IIS are set to
    process .aspx pages with the v1.1.4322 dll. The WebUIValidation.js file
    appears to be in all the right places. The hosting company re-ran
    aspnet_regiis.exe, which has cured mysterious ailments in the past.

    Has anybody seen anything like this? Any ideas?

    Thanks

    , Jun 14, 2005

  2. Peter Blum Guest

    Its probably the bug in ASP.NET 1.1 SP 1. See this thread:
    http://forums.asp.net/739537/ShowPost.aspx

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email: