Suggestions of free HTML editor

Chaos Master

Hello people

I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
accents and special characters (é, ú), and typing JavaScript/Java
tags makes me crazy.

A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Thanks!

--
Chaos Master® | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil | drowning in you

A.A. Fussy

Chaos Master said:
Hello people

I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
accents and special characters (é, ú), and typing JavaScript/Java
tags makes me crazy.

A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Thanks!

--
Chaos Master® | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil | drowning in you
ICQ 126735906 | I'm falling forever,
LRU 349031 Slack9.1 | I've got to break through"
-------------------- -- Evanescence, "Going Under"

Babya bWeb is similar to shareware programs like Hotdog Pro but it's free.
Download it from alt.comp.binaries soon.

Shailesh Humbad

Chaos said:
Hello people

I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
accents and special characters (é, ú), and typing JavaScript/Java
tags makes me crazy.

A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Thanks!

Use Textpad. http://www.textpad.com/ It is not free, but you can use
it for any amount of time without registering. It just gives you a
warning to register every so often. You will save so much time versus
using NotePad that you will find it well worth your while to buy it.

Neal

Hello people

I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but
coding
accents and special characters (é, ú), and typing
JavaScript/Java
tags makes me crazy.

A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Thanks!

I like Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com) - does macros, mass
copy-replace is a breeze, try it.

tourguy2

Neal said:
I like Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com) - does macros, mass
copy-replace is a breeze, try it.

Notetab Lite is free (www.notetab.com/) , great search/replace that really
works, but I like EditPlus (www.editplus.com/)
If you want, you can use one trial program at a time for like 30 days...it
will probably take you 2 years to try out those decent ones alone. In my
opinion, there're not too many problems adapting to use different editors.

Martin Seibert

Chaos Master said:
Hello people

I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but
coding accents and special characters (é, ú), and typing
JavaScript/Java tags makes me crazy.

A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Don't know if it's in english available, but the best pure HTML Editor
I know is Phase5. http://www.ftp-uploader.de/ftp-download.php4

Just some of the features i love in this program

- project manager
- plugins
- strong search & replace (also for/over multiple files or your project)
- include files (place common code in include files and the editor includes
it for you in specified files where you want it) *mega bonus feature*
- quick preview function
- possibility to use webserver in a WAMP environment
- undo even after save
- CSS/VBscript
- Layouts
- syntax debugger
- foot notes assistant
- edit multiple files at once (multiple windows)
- ... and much more

REM

Chaos Master <[email protected]> wrote:
I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute;), and typing JavaScript/Java
tags makes me crazy.
A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.
Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

You can't beat this great freeware for your needs. It's feature loaded
and rocks, with a code check/correcting and realtime views:

http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html

Edwin van der Vaart

Chaos said:
Hello people

I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute;), and typing JavaScript/Java
tags makes me crazy.

A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Perhaps on the this site you can find a proper editor.
http://www.htmlcook.com/html/list_of_free_editors.htm

or on this one
http://www.html-faq.com/editor/?editors

or on this one
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?HTML_editors

Chaos Master

A.A. Fussy screams, but nobody listens:

Babya bWeb is similar to shareware programs like Hotdog Pro but it's free.
Download it from alt.comp.binaries soon.

I have no access to any .binaries group. :/

Also will take a look at download.com, Tucows, and other
download sites.

If someone here else has another suggestion of free HTML editor be welcome to
tell me.

Thanks, Chaos.

--
Chaos Master® | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil! | drowning in you
ICQ: 126375906 | I'm falling forever,
Linux User #349031 | I've got to break through"
---------------------. -- Evanescence, "Going Under"

Querulantus

Shailesh Humbad said:
Use Textpad. <link> It is not free, but you can use
it for any amount of time without registering. It just gives you a
warning to register every so often. You will save so much time versus
using NotePad that you will find it well worth your while to buy it.

That's nagware and not freeware.

Querulantus

brucie

in post: <
Chaos Master said:
Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

HTML
free:
jedit: http://www.jedit.org/
nedit: http://www.nedit.org/
ewisoft: http://www.ewisoft.com/
netpadd: http://www.netpadd.com/
araneae: http://www.araneae.com/
1st page: http://www.evrsoft.com/
crimson: http://crimsoneditor.com/
ezpad: http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
acehtml: http://freeware.acehtml.com/
notetab light: http://www.notetab.com/
tswebeditor: http://tswebeditor.net.tc/
html-kit: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
context: http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
pspad: http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html
websmill: http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
metapad: http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
quanta (linux): http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
notespad: http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
grey matter pro: http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
editpad lite: http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
stones webwrite: http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
matizha sublime: http://www.matizha.com/en/products/sublime/

not free:
textpad: http://www.textpad.com/ [$30]
notetab: http://www.notetab.com/ [$10+]
editplus: http://www.editplus.com/ [$30]
ultraedit: http://www.idmcomp.com/ [$35]
editpad: http://www.editpadpro.com/ [$40]
hypertext studio: http://www.olsonsoft.com/ [$100]
namo: http://www.namo.com/products/webeditor/ [$90]
acehtml pro: http://www.visicommedia.com/acehtml/ [$50]
ibm websphere: http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/hpbuilder/ [$70]
spider writer: http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/SpiderWriter/ [$80]

PHP
phpedit: http://phpedit.org/ [$0]
Winsyntax: http://winsyntax.com/ [$0]
HydraPHP: http://www.coldmind.com/ [comming soon]
devphp: http://devphp.sourceforge.net/ [$0]
phped: http://www.nusphere.com/products/ [$300]
top php studio: http://www.top-systems.net/ [$30]
dzsoft php editor: http://www.dzsoft.com/dzphp.htm [$40]
komodo: http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/ [$30+]
phpcoder: http://www.phpide.com/go/programs/php_coder.htm [$0]
Davor's PHP Editor: http://www.pleskina.com/dphped/main.php [$0]
maguma studio/workbench: http://www.maguma.com/products/?article=Studio {$40+]

XML
xopus: http://xopus.com/ [$850]
editml: http://www.editml.com/ [$90+]
xmlpro2: http://www.vervet.com/ [$0]
cooktop: http://www.xmlcooktop.com/ [$0]
xray: http://www.architag.com/xray/ [$0]
xmlwriter: http://www.xmlwriter.net/ [$100]
oxygen pro: http://www.oxygenxml.com/ [$100]
blueprint: http://www.xmlblueprint.com/ [$45]
xmlmind: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/ [$0/$220]
peters xml eiditor: http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/ [$0]
xmlspy: http://www.xmlspy.com/products_ide.html [$400]
morphon: http://www.morphon.com/xmleditor/index.shtml [$0]
turboxml: http://www.tibco.com/solutions/products/extensibility/turbo_xml.jsp [$270]

Chaos Master

Neal seems to have posted this:
Did you happen to see the list I posted (via one of brucie's past posts)?

[snip MASSIVE list of HTML editors].

I saw it now and will be taking a look. Thanks!!!!

[]s
--
Chaos Master® | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil! | drowning in you
ICQ: 126375906 | I'm falling forever,
ask for e-mail/MSN | I've got to break through"
---------------------. -- Evanescence, "Going Under"