Sun Forte / ONE Community Edition class lib ?

Fred Smith

Hi there,

Is anybody here using the Sun / Forte Community Edition IDE ? - I am trying
to get it going on Windows XP Home Edition, and I am not sure how to specify
the "CLASSPATH" environment variable..

From the command line I get the " Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassFoundError" ..message

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Fred

Christophe Vanfleteren

Fred said:
Hi there,

Is anybody here using the Sun / Forte Community Edition IDE ? - I am
trying to get it going on Windows XP Home Edition, and I am not sure how
to specify the "CLASSPATH" environment variable..

From the command line I get the " Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassFoundError" ..message

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Fred

What command are you executing exactly? What are you trying to do? And could
you show more of the NoClassDefFoundError? It actually tells you which
class couldn't be found, you know.

Fred Smith

Hi there ..

The simplest "Hello World" - called "Welcome" in this case, compiles OK
using javac, but will not run on the PC - although the generated class file
"Welcome.class" runs OK when loaded on to a Sun Ultra workstation, or an
Intel Solaris platform.

On the XP machine java cannot find the "Welcome" class.... I am told that
this is because I have not set the CLASSPATH ....

Regards

Fred

Andrew Thompson

"Fred Smith" ...

Hi Fred, could I ask you not to top-post?
It makes threads hard to understand.
The simplest "Hello World" - called "Welcome" in this case, compiles OK
using javac, but will not run on the PC - although the generated class file
"Welcome.class" runs OK when loaded on to a Sun Ultra workstation, or an
Intel Solaris platform.

On the XP machine java cannot find the "Welcome" class.... I am told that
this is because I have not set the CLASSPATH ....

Do not go messing with environment variables
(which used to be the recommended solution)

Instead, try this command from the directory
where your class resides.

java -classpath . Welcome

This adds 'the current directory' ('.')
to the classpath.

HTH

Fred Smith

er .... top-post ?

--
Andrew Thompson

Jim Sculley

Fred said:
Hi there ..

The simplest "Hello World" - called "Welcome" in this case, compiles OK
using javac, but will not run on the PC - although the generated class file
"Welcome.class" runs OK when loaded on to a Sun Ultra workstation, or an
Intel Solaris platform.

On the XP machine java cannot find the "Welcome" class.... I am told that
this is because I have not set the CLASSPATH ....

More likely, you have typed this:

java Welcome.class

when you should have typed this:

java Welcome