Sun SDK v1.3.1_09 '..javaw.exe ' command hangs on Win2000 MSSQL/SAP Install

SAP BASIS Consultant

Hello,

As somebody much more knowledgeable about SAP than Java,
I have the following question..

In order to Install SQL Server 2000 SP#3 on Win2000 SP#4 with
the latest version of SAP R/3, I had (to As per SAP's instuctions)
downloand Sun's J2SE (SDK) for Windows v1.3.1_09. (Or the
latest v1.3.1). I got it from
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download-windows.html as SAP's
documentation indicated.

I run the executable and went with the default directory
path (C:\JDK1.3.1_09*).

I executed SAP's script to start its installation utility.
The script verified that the ports, userids, etc.. were fine.

However, the script hangs in the following command: "C:\jdk1.3.1_09\
bin\javaw.exe" -cp jar\instgui.jar;jar\inqmyxml.jar
-Dsun.java2d.nodraw
=true com.sap.ins.gun.Main -port 21212". (The *.jar files do exist
and should be found). JAVA_HOME is set properly and JAVA_HOME/bin
is in the path.

How would I find more detailed info. as to why this command
hangs. (It doesn't do much but doesn't fail). I did not find
any traces.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant

icebattle

However, the script hangs in the following command: "C:\jdk1.3.1_09\
bin\javaw.exe" -cp jar\instgui.jar;jar\inqmyxml.jar
-Dsun.java2d.nodraw
=true com.sap.ins.gun.Main -port 21212". (The *.jar files do exist
and should be found). JAVA_HOME is set properly and JAVA_HOME/bin
is in the path.

One possibility (since I know nothing about SAP) is that the code
you're running is a server process and is waiting for connections
(what is the next step in your install process?).

Another possibility is that the code is trying to make an outbound
network connection and is hitting a firewall.

Both are guesses. Goog luck.