System.InvalidOperationException: Application is restarting

Hari Koduru

Hi All,

I am getting the following exception in an ASP.NET
application.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException:
Application is restarting.

I have been to the following Support page

and disabled the Realtime monitoring. But, I was not able
to solve the issue.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards
Hari

Natty Gur

Hi,

There are vast spectrums of situations that can cause application
restarting. I suggest that you find first the line that causes
application to restart. Start with simple application to check out if
this problem is application specific. If this is the case and other
application doesn’t cause recycling you should find the application line
that cause recycling.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Hari

Thanks Natty for your prompt reply. Unfortunately I don't
have the real access to the code at the moment and I am
kind of new to ASP.NET. But, I understand the technology
well.

The following is the exception I was getting when this
error occurs: Please have a look if it makes sense. Any
advice from your side is greatly respected.

Source=System.Web

Message=Application is
restarting.
StackTrace= at
System.Web.Compilation.CompilationMutex.WaitOne()
+282
at System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock.GetLock()
+13
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
+64

at

System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCac
heItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
+115
at
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance
(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
+36
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance
(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler
(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String url, String path) +14
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler
(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated,
Boolean
useAppConfig)
at System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
+78
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173
AllException=System.InvalidOperationException:
Application is
restarting.

at System.Web.Compilation.CompilationMutex.WaitOne
()
[...]

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated

Thanks you very much

Best Regards
Hari

Natty Gur

Hi,

Nothing special with excaption stuck. it's regular operations that
called while loading a page. try to delete the temporary directory of
your application under
""C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\YourApplicationName".