System.InvalidOperationException: Application is restarting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hari Koduru, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Hari Koduru

    Hari Koduru Guest

    Hi All,

    I am getting the following exception in an ASP.NET
    application.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException:
    Application is restarting.

    I have been to the following Support page

    and disabled the Realtime monitoring. But, I was not able
    to solve the issue.

    Thanks a lot in advance,

    Regards
    Hari
    Hari Koduru, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Hari Koduru

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    There are vast spectrums of situations that can cause application
    restarting. I suggest that you find first the line that causes
    application to restart. Start with simple application to check out if
    this problem is application specific. If this is the case and other
    application doesn’t cause recycling you should find the application line
    that cause recycling.

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Hari Koduru

    Hari Guest

    Thanks Natty for your prompt reply. Unfortunately I don't
    have the real access to the code at the moment and I am
    kind of new to ASP.NET. But, I understand the technology
    well.

    The following is the exception I was getting when this
    error occurs: Please have a look if it makes sense. Any
    advice from your side is greatly respected.

    Source=System.Web

    Message=Application is
    restarting.
    StackTrace= at
    System.Web.Compilation.CompilationMutex.WaitOne()
    +282
    at System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock.GetLock()
    +13
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
    +64

    at

    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCac
    heItem(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    +115
    at
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance
    (String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    +36
    at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance
    (String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler
    (HttpContext context,
    String requestType, String url, String path) +14
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler
    (HttpContext context,
    String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated,
    Boolean
    useAppConfig)
    at System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
    +78
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
    (IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173
    AllException=System.InvalidOperationException:
    Application is
    restarting.

    at System.Web.Compilation.CompilationMutex.WaitOne
    ()
[...]

    Any advice on this is greatly appreciated

    Thanks you very much

    Best Regards
    Hari

    ***

    Hari, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Hari Koduru

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Nothing special with excaption stuck. it's regular operations that
    called while loading a page. try to delete the temporary directory of
    your application under
    ""C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\YourApplicationName".

    Natty Gur, Jan 15, 2004