System restore screwed up my asp.net web project????

VB Programmer

I had to do a system restore today. I restored it to 2 weeks ago.

After it was done I entered VS.NET (latest version) and it said I was
entering it for the first time.

I opened up a web project I've been working on (ASP.NET 2.0) and I noticed
that 2 of the directories were renamed (ex: "Admin" dir to "Admin(2)".)
Also, web.config changes I made are now gone.

Any ideas why this would happen????

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I had to do a system restore today. I restored it to 2 weeks ago.
Any ideas why this would happen????

"System restore" can be a godsend...or a headache,
depending on how familiar you are with what it does.

If you are going to use it, you should know excatly what it does.

Here's a list of what "System Restore" saves :

Registry
Profiles (local profiles only)
COM+ DB
WFP.dll cache
WMI DB
IIS Metabase
Files with extensions listed in the <include> portion of the Monitored File Extensions
list in the System Restore section of the Platform SDK

Any changes which you made to anything stored in those areas...has now gone poof!

VB Programmer

It's wierd because some things changed, including html files, etc...

I'm just glad I remembered what I did...