    that 2 of the directories were renamed (ex: "Admin" dir to "Admin(2)".)
    Also, web.config changes I made are now gone.

    Any ideas why this would happen????

    VB Programmer, Apr 27, 2006

  2. re:
    >I had to do a system restore today. I restored it to 2 weeks ago.
    > Any ideas why this would happen????

    "System restore" can be a godsend...or a headache,
    depending on how familiar you are with what it does.

    If you are going to use it, you should know excatly what it does.

    Here's a list of what "System Restore" saves :

    Registry
    Profiles (local profiles only)
    COM+ DB
    WFP.dll cache
    WMI DB
    IIS Metabase
    Files with extensions listed in the <include> portion of the Monitored File Extensions
    list in the System Restore section of the Platform SDK

    Any changes which you made to anything stored in those areas...has now gone poof!

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 27, 2006

  3. It's wierd because some things changed, including html files, etc...

    I'm just glad I remembered what I did...

    VB Programmer, Apr 27, 2006