Temporary ASP.NET Files directory (problems related to Terminal Server?)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by David Thom, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. David Thom

    David Thom Guest

    We've got a VB ASP.NET Web Service that works fine, except when deployed on
    a customer's server(which is running Terminal Server, against our better
    judgment)

    When a client app attempts to use the Web Service, it gets an exception:

    SOAPException: Server was unable to process request -->
    FileNotFoundException: File or asm name xxxxxx.dll ... was not found ...
    [where xxxxxx is a random name - we understand that xxxxxx.dll is our
    compiled web service]

    What we need to know is where ASP.NET puts its temporary files (especially
    when installed with TS).

    On our (non-TS) servers it appears to use
    ~\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\temporary asp.net
    files\service_name

    But the customer's server seems to be using either ~\winnt\temp or
    ~\winnt\temp\service_name

    We suspect the problem may be related to permissions to these folders
    (perhaps due to their running it under Terminal Server). But we don't know
    much about that environment, or how to configure it relative to ASP.NET.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    David Thom
    NPSi Houston

    David Thom, Jul 22, 2003