temporary file

Guest

I am creating a temporary file using GetTempFileName to populate it with
Excel information. Everything is working correctly except the temporary file
name extension is .tmp. How can I change it to an .xls? I open the excel
application with this file and then populate it. Once I turn it over to the
user because Excel is open, I want it already named as an excel file (.xls)
so when the user saves the file, they don't have to make sure that Excel file
is selected.

How do I do this?

Thank you,
Lyners

Guest

I tried that, and it did not work. So I created the temporary file nd then
copied it to the xls file. It worked out OK.

Thanks.