The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vbproj is not installed.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by 1idMonk, Oct 11, 2005.

  1. 1idMonk

    1idMonk Guest

    Just installed Windows XP Professional Upgrade on my Inspiron 9300 notebook.

    I had Windows XP Home Edition prior to the upgrade.

    Visual Basic .NET 2003 is installed and many projects are already created.

    I want to building interactive Web Applications now that I have XP
    Professional .

    I've installed IIS and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions.

    However, in trying to build an ASP.Net web application I'm getting:

    "The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vbproj is not
    installed.

    Make sure the application for the project type (.vbproj) is installed."

    Further, I've found that I'm getting the same message for the projects I
    completed before the upgrade when I now try to load them. None of the old
    VB.NET 2003 projects will load.

    Can anyone shed any light on this??
    1idMonk, Oct 11, 2005

  2. RE: The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vbproj

    Can you launch VB.Net and do a NEW Web Proj?
    Also, was VS installed before or after IIS, it makes a diff.
    Also, and I never did just a VB.net install so I may be off, but when you
    installed VB.Net did it list application types to install? (and was ASP.NET
    one of them?)

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=, Oct 11, 2005

  3. RE: The Application for project C:\(path ......)\WebApplication.vb

    i had the exact same problem. how do i install vb.net, is that a part of
    the asp.net. For me, the difference is i installed visual studio web edition
    express "trial"

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9va2VyVw==?=, Jan 5, 2006