    Any ideas what i have to do to install the frontPage Server extensions on
    the IIS 6 - windows 2003 server?
    Thanks in Advance
    rote, Apr 19, 2007

  2. Re: The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installed Error(VS 2005 Error)

    On Apr 19, 6:54 am, "rote" <> wrote:
    > I'm trying to create a Website using VS 2005 on another server on the same
    > domain.
    > But i get error
    > "The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installed Error"
    > Any ideas what i have to do to install the frontPage Server extensions on
    > the IIS 6 - windows 2003 server?
    > Thanks in Advance

    Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Application Server. Click
    Details. Select Internet Information Services, and then again click
    Details. You will see the FrontPage Server Extensions. You might need
    your Windows Server 2003 installation CD to complete the installation.
    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 19, 2007

  3. Re: The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installedError(VS 2005 Error)

    Hi,

    rote wrote:
    > I'm trying to create a Website using VS 2005 on another server on the same
    > domain.
    > But i get error
    > "The Web server does not have frontPage Server extensions installed Error"
    > Any ideas what i have to do to install the frontPage Server extensions on
    > the IIS 6 - windows 2003 server?
    > Thanks in Advance

    You don't really need the frontpage extensions. VS2005 can publish a
    website using FTP. I recommend you to create the website on the remote
    server using a FTP client, and then to use FTP as the way to publish. I
    never liked these frontpage extensions.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]
    Software engineering, Blog: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch
    Laurent Bugnion, MVP, Apr 19, 2007
  4. rote

    rote Guest

    Thanks Laurent and Alexey for the reply.
    Actually i could create a website by just using the File System option and
    it wrote it to the remote site.
    But its quite wierd i have to use FrontPage Extensions just like Laurent
    said i don't really fancy it myself.
    With VS 2003 i didn't need to do that.
    Patrick

    rote, Apr 20, 2007