This page contains both secure and nonsecure items

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mantorok, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Mantorok

    Mantorok Guest

    Hi all

    This has been driving me nuts for months now, if I access my site from IE
    https://db.cornwall.gov.uk/PlanningApplications and then hover over one of
    the 2-level menus it comes up with the message:

    "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display
    the nonsecure items?"

    I've confirmed that there are "no" nonsecure items on this site, it works ok
    from Firefox but not IE.

    Can someone have a look at the site and see if they get the same problem -
    it's been driving me crazy - and why does it only come up when hovering over
    the menu item?

    Thanks all
    Kev

    Mantorok, Apr 20, 2006

  2. You'll find all the answers you need at:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jorman/archive/2006/02/06/526087.aspx

    it's because the popup is loaded into a non-secure iframe. A solution is
    provided at the link above, but for the sake of posterity:

    <script runat="server">
    Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(typeof(Page),
    "MenuHttpsWorkaround", Menu1.ClientID +
    "_Data.iframeUrl='https://myserver/someblankpage.htm';", true);
    base.Render(writer);
    }