Thread was being aborted in win2003 server. Back ground thread reading MS access database, no redire

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Johanna, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. Johanna

    Johanna Guest

    Hello,

    Thread was being aborted exception is thrown by my asp.net
    application.

    I hope someone could help me with this error that I get in windows
    2003 server. This error has not occured with the same application in
    windows 2000 professional computers that are also lot older and less
    effective.

    I have an application that starts a background thread that mainly
    reads data from ms access database (approximately 0,5 GB access db)
    with oledb connection and then calculates something and writes to
    another database.

    I have tracked down that this exception by IIS is thrown in the
    following code when the dataadapter should be filled with data from ms
    access database.

    OleDbDataAdapter dataadapter = new OleDbDataAdapter(command);
    DataSet ds = new DataSet();
    dataadapter.Fill(ds);

    And this code should be totally OK as such since the same method is
    run about thousand times before this exception is thrown and the
    thread is terminated and when the same thing is run with console
    application everything runs perfectly well.

    Has anyone run to same kind of problem ?
    There are many questions in these newsgroups about direct and transfer
    commands sending thread was being aborted, but this is not a case for
    which that situation would apply. This is a new thread created by the
    asp.net code and should run until the operation is finished, but does
    not do that right now.

    I read that IIS could unload application domain by throwing this
    exception if it thinks that a crash,timeout,deadlock or memory has
    been exceeded. But this should not do that since console application
    on the same win2003 server runs just fine and on slower and older
    win2000 machines the application also performs okey.

    Also tried to change connection timeout parameter of IIS server, but
    it did not help (from 120 to 1200)

    Thank you in advance for reading and for possible answers that might
    help me to figure a way out of this problematic situation.

    BR,
    Johanna
    Johanna, Oct 13, 2004