tomcat problems

boyScout

hi guys, I have a problem, I've installed tomcat 6 into my machine but
tomcat can't start. Why? When i click its icon, tomcat doesn't start.
Could someone help me please!!! I need to know what to do. Thanks in
advance

amitatgroups

My suspect ion is on ur machine Tomcat is already started so first
make sure that ur Tomcat is not running while clicking icon.
u can check it by open url :-> http://127.0.0.1:port before clicking
icon [tomcat shortcut].

Lew

My suspect ion is on ur machine Tomcat is already started so first
make sure that ur Tomcat is not running while clicking icon.
u can check it by open url :-> http://127.0.0.1:port before clicking
icon [tomcat shortcut].

This is an international group of educated adults, not all of whom speak
English as a first language, and even among those who do txtspeak is hard to
read. Your posts will be more intelligible and helpful if you use real words.

"suspect ion" - "That free radical is up to no good, I just know it!"
"Ur" - mythical continent of yore.
"u" - a driving maneuver that allows one to reverse direction

You can also check if Tomcat is already started by running the "startup.sh"
script and seeing if it barfs. Or you could check "ps".

John

My suspect ion is on ur machine Tomcat is already started so first
make sure that ur Tomcat is not running while clicking icon.
u can check it by open url :-> http://127.0.0.1:port before clicking
icon [tomcat shortcut].

This is an international group of educated adults, not all of whom speak
English as a first language, and even among those who do txtspeak is hard to
read. Your posts will be more intelligible and helpful if you use real words.

"suspect ion" - "That free radical is up to no good, I just know it!"
"Ur" - mythical continent of yore.
"u" - a driving maneuver that allows one to reverse direction

You can also check if Tomcat is already started by running the "startup.sh"
script and seeing if it barfs. Or you could check "ps".

That's fine for an *nix installation, but on Wine-does, check for
something called startup.bat or catalina.bat in the $TOMCAT_HOME/bin
<--*nix directory...YMMV. Alternativly, on Wine-does, you could check
your Services (somewhere under the control panel, Admin tools) and see
if Tomcat is started. If not, right click on it and say "start" and
then makes sure that it is configured to startup automatically.

boyScout

I did it all but it still doesn't work. I even checked services in
administration tools but nothing happen. When I run it as
administrator, there is a message saying "access denied, unable to
open the service tomcat6". As i said inside the administrative tools/
service, when i start tomcat service, the message is "windows could
not start apache tomcat........ refers to service-specific error code
0".