Trouble creating a new .NET webservice

smile

hi

I am a newbie to .NET environment. My first task assigned was to
create a webservice. I have been trying to create a webservice by
clicking new c# project and selecting asp.net webservice but when i
click OK, it says the path

" the webserver reported the following error when attempting to open
or create a webproject located at the URL:"http://localhost
/WebService1". 'The server name or address could not be resolved' "

I have IIS on my computer and also visual studio .NET professional
2003.
I tried to uninstall VS.NET and then install again. but it still is
displaying the same message.

Any souls out there please help me in this as i can proceed only after
this basic step.

Thanks in advance
smile

David

I seem to remember having similar issues, I think I solved it by
running the aspnet_regiis.exe file

It's found in C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>
(or v1.0.3705)

you need to run it with the -i option ie (from command prompt)

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_regiis -i

Dave