Trouble creating a new .NET webservice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by smile, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. smile

    smile Guest

    hi

    I am a newbie to .NET environment. My first task assigned was to
    create a webservice. I have been trying to create a webservice by
    clicking new c# project and selecting asp.net webservice but when i
    click OK, it says the path

    " the webserver reported the following error when attempting to open
    or create a webproject located at the URL:"http://localhost
    /WebService1". 'The server name or address could not be resolved' "

    I have IIS on my computer and also visual studio .NET professional
    2003.
    I tried to uninstall VS.NET and then install again. but it still is
    displaying the same message.

    Any souls out there please help me in this as i can proceed only after
    this basic step.

    Thanks in advance
    smile

    smile, Sep 18, 2003

  2. smile

    David Guest

    I seem to remember having similar issues, I think I solved it by
    running the aspnet_regiis.exe file

    It's found in C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>
    (or v1.0.3705)

    you need to run it with the -i option ie (from command prompt)

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_regiis -i

    Dave

    David, Sep 23, 2003