Unable remote debugging on two Win XP machines

Vladimír Kolesnik

Hi, there,

we have the server with Win XP Professional and our Web Application resides
there. Developeres work on their local computers (Win XP Pro) and by means
of "Source control" feature we share code in .NET Visual Studio. We have the
problem with remote debugging. When developer tries to debug code error
message appears:

" Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Access denied. Verify that you are an administrator or a member of
the 'Debugger Users' group on the machine you are trying to debug. "

We tried all possible solutions, put almost all users to the Debugger User
and to the Administrator group on the server as well as on the local
machine. Tried to change Local Policies in Security Settings. We did not
suceed. We spent two days googling and browsing MSDN and now becoming
desperate.

Later we found out that there may be problems with remote debugging if both
server and client has Win XP Pro. We will appreciate any help. Thanks.