Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client...

et

The error:
Unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js.' Try placing the
file manually, or reinstall by running aspnet_regiis -c'

I started getting this error as soon as I started using the Validation
controls, such as the RequiredFieldValidator and the ValidationSummary
controls. I did the aspnet_regiis -c, which appears to run successfully (a
command prompt appears too briefly to read), I ensured the file is there,
and searched msdn, the only article that comes up is
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/06/webc/

Which is a great article actually but didn't solve my problem. Any ideas?

Sylvain Lafontaine

Are you getting this error each time or only a few times here and there?

S. L.

Chris Newby

Check permissions using the IIS MMC and by manually accessing the script
files from the browser by changing the URL in the address bar.

If that checks out, look at how you are using the validation controls. Look
at your HTML source and try to track it backwards from there.