Unable to Open Registry Key

Kenny Bullock

Hello;
I've published my database using Frontpage and inserted a result query on a
ASP page and I get the following error. Can anyone help me?

Database Results Error
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x3cc Thread 0x4f8
DBC 0x13d50024 Jet'.

Thanks.

Kenny Bullock

Ray at

Switch from ODBC to OLE DB and you can avoid this problem. Use a connection
string from www.connectionstrings.com. If you need more information, post
back your relevant code and we'll point out what to change.

Ray at work

Kenny Bullock

Thank you very much.

Kenny Bullock said:
Hello;
I've published my database using Frontpage and inserted a result query
on
ASP page and I get the following error. Can anyone help me?

Database Results Error
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x3cc Thread 0x4f8
DBC 0x13d50024 Jet'.

Thanks.

Kenny Bullock

Dem

hi kenny,

i think the problem is with the access rights to the database file under
Win NT/2000/XPpro

[click] on the .mdb file select the [security] table of the
properties option and make sure the user you are logged on with has the
read, write, executable (r/w/x) attributes.

If that's not the problem, make sure the path is correct to where the
script is looking for the .mdb file.

regards

Demetrius

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.​