unable to open remote project

vince

I installed the Portal Starter Kit (from www.asp.net) on
a win 2003 server running IIS 6.0 and SQL Server 8.0, and
it works fine using integrated authentication.

However, I'm unable to open the portal project remotely
from my development pc... when in vs.net I click
File/Open/Project from Web, and I'm prompted to enter the
URL of the server containing the project. After
entering "http://myserver" it shows a listing of web
projects, but the portal project is not listed...

On the server, the portal project appears as normal in
IIS manager, doesn't appear to be configured differently
than the other projects, with one exception: In the
properties window for the project, the local path is
listed as the physical path of where the project is
located on the hard disk, like "c:\Program Files....",
whereas the other projects' local path is listed as
just "\webapp1"...

I'm hoping someone has had this problem and knows how to
fix it...

thanks for any info...

vince

I'd like to add that I moved the project from it's
location under Program Files, to now being in the wwwroot
folder like the other web apps, then changed the "local
path" setting in the properties window for the project,
but this did not help...

thanks for any useful clues..