UnAuthorisedAccessException - When executing Web services

karthik

Hi,
I deployed a webservice in 2003 server(newly installed). I made the
ASPNET user account as an administrator in the local machine. when i try to
browse my webservice page, i am getting the folloiwng error..

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\mytestwservicenext\2b4dcc69\5ab91da7" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\mytestwservicenext\2b4dcc69\5ab91da7" is denied.

IF I GRANT WRITE ACCESS TO "USERS" GROUP for the Temporary ASP.NET Files
folder, then i am able to get the webservice page up and loaded. One thing
that puzzles me is - Even though the Aspnet user is added under the
administrators group (and the administrator has full rights for the temporary
aspnet folder), unless and until i give write permission for the "USER"
account for the folder, ASPNET user is not able to create/write anything into
the temporary aspnet folder.

I think this problem is only with windows 2003 server edition (think
Microsoft has hardlined the security by removing certain default write
options that existed in windows 2000).

My Question is:

Is there any other way by which i can make my webservice execute, without
granting the user account, write access to the folder (as this would allow
everyone (all users) to have write access?

Thanks for your patience and time,
karthik.