UnAuthorisedAccessException - When executing Web services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by karthik, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. karthik

    karthik Guest

    Hi,
    I deployed a webservice in 2003 server(newly installed). I made the
    ASPNET user account as an administrator in the local machine. when i try to
    browse my webservice page, i am getting the folloiwng error..

    Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files\mytestwservicenext\2b4dcc69\5ab91da7" is denied.

    Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\mytestwservicenext\2b4dcc69\5ab91da7" is denied.

    IF I GRANT WRITE ACCESS TO "USERS" GROUP for the Temporary ASP.NET Files
    folder, then i am able to get the webservice page up and loaded. One thing
    that puzzles me is - Even though the Aspnet user is added under the
    administrators group (and the administrator has full rights for the temporary
    aspnet folder), unless and until i give write permission for the "USER"
    account for the folder, ASPNET user is not able to create/write anything into
    the temporary aspnet folder.

    I think this problem is only with windows 2003 server edition (think
    Microsoft has hardlined the security by removing certain default write
    options that existed in windows 2000).

    My Question is:

    Is there any other way by which i can make my webservice execute, without
    granting the user account, write access to the folder (as this would allow
    everyone (all users) to have write access?

    Thanks for your patience and time,
    karthik.

    karthik, Sep 6, 2004