Unicode (UTF-8)

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
And how should I know whether you or dorayme are real persons, instead?

You have to look at the transcripts of the output. You are much
closer to Eliza.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
At last! Someone else has twigged to what I have been saying for
the last few years.

I've been suspicious for a while, but lately I'm leaning much more
towards that conclusion.
Mark, Google up for Eliza and try the program
and take a look at the output.

Yes, it's certainly very similar. Luigi occasionally makes a little bit
more sense, but you'd expect that the technology would have improved.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
It depends on how they define it.

Ahh, Luigi. That's one of your usual statements to dismiss good advice.
Neither the former software nor the latter qualify.

Qualify for *what*? Just use it, for goodness sakes. The polizia are
not going to visit and check your computer.

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Yes, it's certainly very similar. Luigi occasionally makes a little bit
more sense, but you'd expect that the technology would have improved.

I know what you mean, but if you look at the output of Eliza,
usually it is possible to identify the relevant trigger in the
text of what she is responding to. But not so with Luigi, so
either Luigi is an earlier version of Eliza or a later one which
has code to make it seem not as machine like. Or, to be fair,
Luigi is just your irregular freedom loving European Italian
living in Sweden with a fondness for commercial secrecy, the
Chinese language in particular and ... seagulls.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
But not so with Luigi, so
either Luigi is an earlier version of Eliza or a later one which
has code to make it seem not as machine like.

I'm inclined to think the latter - I think a degree of randomness has
been introduced intentionally.
Or, to be fair,
Luigi is just your irregular freedom loving European Italian
living in Sweden with a fondness for commercial secrecy, the
Chinese language in particular and ... seagulls.

Anything's possible I suppose.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Put it on your site then.

This is something which is not of commercial nature.....
Either you understand what I mean or just forget it...
Ok?

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Not for that. I apologized because I had spelled your name in the wrong way.

Like you did mine once with a capital D? Well, fair enough...

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
How many people do you know whose name is Heather?

I used to know one once, but don't see her often these days.

Have you even kissed a horse?

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero

What does Heather have to do with Melbourne?

Ah, I think that is where Luigi met her? We all need to get to
the bottom of this, Eliza.