Unspecified Error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andi B, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Andi B

    Andi B Guest

    Greetings to everyone - I hope someone can help me with a frustrating
    problem...

    I am writing some ASP code which connects to a back-end MS Access database
    containing a list of name, phone numbers, etc for the purposes of creating a
    small search function on our intranet. The code works mostly OK (just a
    couple of tweaks here and there) however, when I test it one minute it works
    fine, however if I press back on my browser and try testing the code again,
    I get the following appear instead of my results screen:
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

    ----

    a.. Error Type:
    Provider (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error
    /search test/dsn.asp, line 6

    b.. Browser Type:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707
    Firefox/0.9.2

    c.. Page:
    POST 34 bytes to /search test/andi.asp

    d.. POST Data: