Upload word document

kalyan

Hi

Using Input in HTML i am allowing user upload the
document. When they click submit i am saving in Server.
They can upload same document any time. Here is my problem
each time when they upload document it is saved in server

But when they open in browser new updated document is not
shown only old document is displayed.

I have link buttion i am assinging like this

http://myservername/sparktrial/SOW/sow-123.doc

the link is working they able to seek document but it not
showing latest document.

following method i used to save file

file1.postedfile.saveas(mylocation)

i am able to open using worddocument the latest document
but on my browser i am unable

kindly need help to solve this

Is there any cookies issues or some other?

Thanks
kalyan

Atrax

there are a couple of things you can try.

1. set content expiration in IIS service manager to 'immediate'
2. append a random querystring onto the link e.g. worddoc.doc?123456 .
this should cause IIS to serve a fresh file
3. make sure proxy servers are turned off
4. stream the file to the browser using ASP and ADODB.Stream - there's
an example under 'forcing the save as dialog for binary files' in the
asp section of my site, link below.

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/components/Atrax.RichEdit/