    the list...

    Can u please sen me some sample code of these three topics or if u know any
    better idea please do forward that

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2F1cmF2?=, Jan 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z2F1cmF2?=

    john smith Guest

    gaurav wrote:
    > hi
    > I want to Bulk upload Data from Acess database 2000 to an online Sql Server
    > 2000.I am using vb.net 2002 as front end
    > Can u please guide me
    >
    > I have come to know about DTS Programming but it dosent work in vb.net it
    > gives somekind of incompatible error while creating custom task...
    > Second option is Link server.. i m not sure about its use
    > the third option is XLM Bulk Upload..I got the got but i dont know how to
    > get the SQLXMLBULKLOADLib in my project i dont c any microsoft SQLXml .... in
    > the list...
    >
    > Can u please sen me some sample code of these three topics or if u know any
    > better idea please do forward that

    If you can't get DTS to work, nor the upscaling wizzard, nor Bulk
    Load... Then it almost sounds like we'd have to do it all manually
    (well, write a script to do all the work). The thing is, it is very much
    dependent on your database schema (column names, data types, foreign
    keys, etc), so it's hard to come up with anything helpful... You'll have
    to re-create all the tables first (and constraints), then in the right
    order (so you can "work out" the foreign key problems) for each table
    select * from it, and sql insert each row to the new table (with the
    right conversions like true/false -> bit).

    john smith, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Try posting this in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts newsgroup.
    Someone there may be able to help with the DTS side of things. You
    should be able to execute a DTS package from .NET.

    --Mary

    Mary Chipman [MSFT], Jan 9, 2006