    anyone found a workaround/solution to this?

    Thanks,
    Louis
    ll, Mar 6, 2008

  2. ll

    Evertjan. Guest

    ll wrote on 06 mrt 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have a file upload script that has successfully uploaded files,
    > although the MS .docx format will not load for some reason. Has
    > anyone found a workaround/solution to this?

    Would depend on the script, methinks?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 6, 2008

  3. "ll" <> wrote in message
    > I have a file upload script that has successfully uploaded files,
    > although the MS .docx format will not load for some reason. Has
    > anyone found a workaround/solution to this?

    Will not load? Into what, from where?

    If using IIS6 you will probably need to add the mime types to the Server
    mimemap for the office 2007 document formats.

    If loading into older office apps you will need the Office 2007 converters
    for older versions installed.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Mar 6, 2008
  4. ll

    ll Guest

    On Mar 6, 4:36 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > "ll" <> wrote in message

    > > I have a file upload script that has successfully uploaded files,
    > > although the MS .docx format will not load for some reason. Has
    > > anyone found a workaround/solution to this?

    > Will not load? Into what, from where?
    >
    > If using IIS6 you will probably need to add the mime types to the Server
    > mimemap for the office 2007 document formats.
    >
    > If loading into older office apps you will need the Office 2007 converters
    > for older versions installed.
    >
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    This upload script loads blobs into MS SQL server 2000. I've got the
    MIME type added in IIS, but the upload is the problem...
    ll, Mar 6, 2008
  5. ll wrote:
    > This upload script loads blobs into MS SQL server 2000. I've got
    > the MIME type added in IIS, but the upload is the problem...

    Are you also storing the MIME type in SQL Server? If so, how large is your
    field? The .docx MIME value is

    application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document

    This is 71 characters.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Mar 6, 2008