    similar tools on their sites.

    Thanks in advance,

    Jason
    Jason Burr, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Jason Burr

    Keith E. Guest

    I looked into the USP tools and they were such a pain
    (lots of hoops the jump and brandign rules to comply with)
    that we dropped them from our e-commerce solution and went
    with FedEx.

    The FedEx tools and integration infomation can be obtained
    from http://www.fedex.com/us/solutions/fsmapi.html

    The have a API for applications and a Direct for Websites.

    For Websites use the Ship Manager Direct connect
    http://www.fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/index.html/ Its
    basically a Tag inteface and they have COM objects to
    interface with it if you are on a MS IIS platform.

    We are on a PHP platform and I located a open source PHP
    class to communicate with their interface.

    Once you understand the Tags and the server responses
    (well documented in a 112 page PDF), its straight forward
    to get connected.

    Their 7 step implementation process does have a few hoops
    to jump (paperwork) to get qualified to use their service.
    But its less cumbersome that UPS.

    Hope this helps.

    Keith E.

    and if so how did
    >they go about it? I have seen the articles on

    4guysfromrolla but that
    >appears to be using xml component to get the data from

    the ups site rather
    >than using the developers tools provided by UPS.
    >
    >I am just not sure the best way to go about this. Anybody

    with experience
    >using this who could give me some pointers would be

    greatly appreciated. On
    >their site if you dont sign up then you dont get any

    specs on the tools
    >other then the standard ad crap. I have also seen some

    components that want
    >to charge for this apparently free service so thats not

    something I am
    >interested in.
    >
    >I would also be interested in info about the USPS and

    FedEx too but found no

    Keith E., Jan 14, 2004