User Creation from WebAdmin tool failed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5hbmQ=?=, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Hi,
    I got the below error while trying create a user from the web site
    administration tool provided by Asp.NET. I'm using Active directory as a
    membership store. I could able to add and remove users earlier from this,
    after this I want to implement the password reset option and to that i've
    added couple of (5 attributes) to the active directory (Hint Question, Hint
    Answer, BadPasswordCount, BadPasswordTime, BadPasswordLockOutTime - the data
    types for the first two attributes are Unicode strings and third attribute is
    of type integer and fourth and fifth are long integers)
    After these changes I’m not able to create any user from the web
    administration tool, and it is giving "Exception has been thrown by the
    target of an invocation" not further details.
    Please see the below full error, and provide me any help.
    Thanks,
    SS Anand
    ***

    The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Exception has been
    thrown by the target of an invocation. at
    System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
    arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
    RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
    System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
    arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
    RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
    invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean
    skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object
    obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
    culture) at
    System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CallWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperMethodOutParams(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] paramTypes) at
    System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String
    username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String
    passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey,
    MembershipCreateStatus& status) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs
    e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs
    e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
    EventArgs e) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object
    source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object
    source, EventArgs args) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
    eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) at
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    =?Utf-8?B?QW5hbmQ=?=, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Anand
    Just want to offer a suggestion, I'm not using active directory but I would
    try to make default values for the attributes.

    Good Luck
    DWS

    =?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=, Mar 1, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QW5hbmQ=?=

    doncoder

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Adding machineKey to web.config resloved this issue for me.
    doncoder, Jan 18, 2009