webadmin tool not working

Laura K

I just upgraded to v 2.0 and I am trying to use the webadmin tool but
nothing seems to be working. When I try to bring up the tool via a new
website I get the following error written below.

The path I used to get this error was
http://localhost/myapp/webadmin.axd

I also get the error at
http://localhost/aspnet_webadmin/2_0_40607/default.aspx

I have not seem much about this on the board archives.

Any ideas?

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Exception has been
thrown by the target of an invocation. at
System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
arguments, SignatureStruct sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at
System.Configuration.Configuration.CreateLocalWebConfiguration(String path,
String site, String locationSubPath) at
System.Configuration.Configuration.GetWebConfiguration(String path, String
site, String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String
password, IntPtr userToken) at
System.Configuration.Configuration.GetWebConfiguration(String path) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminBasePage.GetWebConfiguration(String url,
Boolean GetWebConfigForSubDir) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminBasePage.GetWebConfiguration(String url)
at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.VerifyAppValid() at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.SetApplicationPath(String user) at
ASP.default_aspx.OnInit(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)