    I am using the ValidationSummary control with the settings so that it displays the validation summary in a popup. It works ok on several servers, but it does not work on an external hosting web server. It does work ok when the valiation messages are displayed on the page.

    Any suggestions? Is this a known problem.

    Jay

    Jay, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Update to my question. Actually, the ValidationSummary control does not work in any mode. The client-side validation is not functioning.

    Help.

    Jay

    Jay, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Jay

    Peter Blum Guest

    When a new domain is established or ASP.NET is updated, you must install the
    \aspnet_client folder and its associated WebUIValidation.js file.
    You can copy it from another location or run:
    aspnet_regiis.exe -c
    (Your hosting provider should be able to run this for you.)
    If you copy it from another location, be sure that you have the identical
    version to the ASP.NET version installed.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:
    http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

    Peter Blum, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks. This is something to look at. However, I made a quick check on the Required Field Validation control seem to work. And my website works which is all in asp.net - just this one thing (so far), the summary validation does not work.

    Jay

    Jay, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Life is good. You were right on target. That solved my problem.

    Thanks so much.

    Jay

    Jay, Jul 15, 2004