VB6 to Web Service using XML parameters

Ringo

Hi
I'm trying to make use of a web service from VB6. The
service works fine when the method has simple string
parameters, but the method I'm trying to use
is "GetSetOfIDs(ByVal xmlInstructionsAndTrades As
Xml.XmlDocument)", I'm not sure if the Soap 3 toolkit can
handle this type of parameter or if it's just a type
casting problem. I tried passing a "MSXML2.DOMDocument"
and "MSXML2.DOMDocument.xml" without any luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe H

go to the web service and get the correct format of the SOAP message that
should be posted to it.

save this as an xml template file.

at run time, load it into a DOM and replace the values of the input
parameters with the values you want to use.

the use the XMLHTTP object from MSXML to post the xmldocument to the web
service.

you would need to set a couple of headers (including the soap action)

but i have found that this approach works a lot better than using that SOAP
toolkit...