VBScript and JavaScript on same page

Mark Sargent

Hi All,

I want to pull data from a number of tables, Categories, SubCategroies
and then place into JavaScript drop downs and have the options in the
second drop down change upon the selection from the 1st drop down. Is
this possible.? How is it done..? Arrays..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

Tim Slattery

Mark Sargent said:
Hi All,

I want to pull data from a number of tables, Categories, SubCategroies
and then place into JavaScript drop downs and have the options in the
second drop down change upon the selection from the 1st drop down. Is
this possible.? How is it done..? Arrays..? Cheers.

Sounds to me like you're talking about a combination of VB Script, run
at the server, and JavaScript to be run at the client. The drop-downs
would be constructed at the server by ASP code (either VBScript or
javascript, as you prefer). Client-side javascript would then handle
the onChange event in the dropdowns, making changes in other controls
according to what the change was.