    version?

    Cheers,

    , Feb 1, 2008

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have run a same problem couple of times.
    >
    > Visual Studio 2005 is installed from Visual Studio 2005 Team edition
    > for Software Developers dvds and after installation Creating Web Site
    > is missing. Doesn't Visual Studio 2005 Team edition for Software
    > Developers support Web Site creations at least menu's File | New | Web
    > Site is missing.

    I don't know how it happened, but it seems Microsoft has done you a favor.
    You should never use File | New | Web Site anyway, and instead should use
    File | New | Project.

    IMHO

    John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer

    John Saunders [MVP], Feb 1, 2008

  3. It should be there. I am not sure if there is an easy way to configure it
    back on.

    Regardless, I agree with John that New >> Project >> {language} >> {website
    template} is a better way to go. And, it gets you around this issue.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 1, 2008
  4. bruce barker Guest

    RE: Visual Studio 2005 Team edition for Software Developers and Web Si

    when you startup vs2005 for the first time it asks what type of dev you are.
    it then removes all menu picks it thinks you will not need (isn't that
    special). in tools customize you can add back the picks it removed.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Feb 1, 2008